My color choices also reflect my balancing act between "playfulness" and "polish," coupling the blushing pink with the regal purple. According to About.com's insight on color psychology, pink evokes love and calmness, and I critique all creative work with tenderness. About.com also reported that purple implies wisdom. I hope to be a friendly, knowledgeable adviser to all writers who entrust their work to me.
Saturday, August 16, 2014
Font and Color
My mantra is that I always aim to offer thoughtful, innovative writing and editing. Contemporary literature is often too avant-garde, too erudite to be accessible, so my goal is to evoke my work's connection to the raw emotions of life. It gives abstraction a heart. Therefore, my title font is "Lobster," which is similar to "Script MT Bold," a "warm" font according to media aficionado Carrie Cousins. The smooth curves and serifs create a playful mood to counter the austerity often associated with literature. "Playfulness" and "polish" are often polarizing descriptors, however; and as an editor, I want to promote my professionalism. That's why I chose the more readable "Josefin Slab" font for my content; its tight design conveys the adroit conciseness of my proofreading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment